Welcome to Saint Maria Goretti
Elementary School in Pittsburgh's Bloomfield Area
Saint Maria Goretti School is a Catholic school sponsored by Saint Maria Goretti Parish in the Bloomfield Neighborhood of the Diocese of Pittsburgh.
Our School Campus consists of our parish convent which houses the Sisters of the Holy Spirit, our parish school, the new St. Maria Goretti School with programs for Pre-K through 8th grade. This campus also has a small gymnasium, a large air-conditioned parish hall, and an air-conditioned church that accommodates about 700 comfortably. There is a small plaza in front of the church to accommodate parking for the elderly and handicapped worshipers. A metered city lot is adjacent to the property. It is free during church services. Street parking is available as well.
Our mission at Saint Maria Goretti elementary school is to foster a personal desire for life long learning and growth in the Catholic Christian faith in each of its students.
We believe that all of our students possess the potential to be vital Christians, and self-motivated, independent learners who can participate successfully as productive members of society and the Church.
Saint Maria Goretti School community creates an environment in which students develop an awareness that their accumulated knowledge and skill proficiency have direct bearing on their three fundamental relationships of life...to God, to self, and others, and to one's environment.
• Average Enrollment - 200 students in Grades Pre-K thru 8
• Approx. 20 to 25 students at each grade level (K-8) and 15 in the Pre-K program
• Multi-cultural student population reflects a wide range of abilities with a small percentage with special needs
• Students with special needs receive daily instruction in the regular classroom and support services through Title I
• The majority of our students are Catholic; however children of all faiths are welcome
Students come from several areas surrounding the Bloomfield area of Pittsburgh including Shadyside, Oakland, East Liberty, Polish Hill, Garfield, and Lawrenceville