Our primary curriculum
The primary curriculum is centered in a Christian environment which is welcoming and secure in nature. Students are provided enrichment and reinforcement through hands-on activities, manipulatives, journaling, problem solving, and cooperative learning experiences.
- Religion at this level stresses an awareness of God as a loving Father and the Giver of Life.
- Second graders prepare for and receive the sacraments of Reconciliation and Eucharist.
- The Literature based reading program exposes students to a variety of reading and writing styles, with high emphasis on phonics and comprehension skills.
- The math program has students building the skills of critical thinking to learn the basic mathematical operation of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and later on, division and problem solving.
- Teachers go beyond the text to develop inquiry skills and to make the content of science and social studies relevant and consistent with the ability and learning style of the student.
- Art, music, health, computer and physical education included in the curriculum help to promote the development of the total child.